Catherine Roscoe Barr, BSc Neuroscience, is a Vancouver-based wellnesscoach and happiness expert, certified as a personal trainer, fitness instructor and older adult specialist, founder of The Life Delicious, and fitness, food and travel writer published in Montecristo, Canadian Living, The Gastown Gazette, The Vancouver Sun, The Province, WestJet’s up!, Homes & Living, Lululemon, BC Business, Westworld, Real Weddings and BC Living. Before settling on the West Coast she lived in Sydney, Toronto, Oregon, Montana, and practically everywhere in Alberta. She can be found jogging with her adorable dog, dining with her fabulous husband or voraciously reading anywhere comfy.
Big Ideas talked about during the episode
- What’s the “trifecta of wellness”?
- Why are so many people in our culture disconnected when it comes to their health?
- The brain is plastic?
- What does Catherine journal about to make sure she’s on top of her life?
- Learn about Catherine’s “Mood, Food & Fitness” journal
- Catherine’s 70/30 Rule to eating
- What’s a “Stress Buffet”?
- How to go from “Unconscious Incompetence” to “Conscious Competence” in any area of your life
Resources and Links
Watch Catherine’s LIVE “The Life Delicious” workshop
- Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom and Hardwiring Happiness: The New Brain Science Of Contentment, Calm, And Confidence by Rick Hanson
- The Happiness Advantage: The Seven Principles Of Positive Psychology That Fuel Success And Performance At Work by Shawn Achor
Rick Hanson’s TEDtalk: Hardwiring Happiness