Jessica Austin –Birth Doula, Prenatal Instructor & Doula Trainer
Jessica is a birth doula and informed choice activist who believes women’s rights to choose about their births are of utmost importance. She strives to promote a gentle and informed birth culture through her free educational blog and by participating in local campaigns to raise awareness about important issues in maternal health care.
Jessica’s strong ties to both the medical and unassisted / non-medical childbirth communities give her a uniquely well-rounded perspective on the range of options for birthing families. Her educational blog and successful doula business, Birth Takes a Village, is a widely used resource for both doulas and birthing families. She also trains new doulas through the Wise Woman Way of Birth Doula Certifying Program and teaches home birth prenatal classes.
Big Ideas talked about during the episode
- “How you do anything is how you do everything.”
- Is the hospital a safer place to give birth?
- What every expectant couple should know about pregnancy and birth!
- How to challenge yourself past your limiting physical and mental constraints.
- The power of supporting your tribe.
- Did he really draw parallels between combat and birth?!
- How to build resilience
- FIND OUT WHAT GOT JESSICA TEMPORARILY BANNED FROM FACEBOOK!
- What’s up with Donald Duck? Really?!
Resources and Links
Jessica Austin at Birth Takes a Village
Jessica’s pre-natal classes: We Birth at Home