Episode 028 – The Birth Partner: A Guide To Labour & How To Be An Awesome Support
Co-hosts Dr. Alain Desaulniers and Dr. Chris Chatzoglou delve into an oddly rare topic: birth from the perspective of the birth partner.
Birth can be a scary thing. What’s it like from the perspective of the partner? What do you do? How can you help? Find out.
Both doctors have had their children at home, and it was an awesome experience. They share their experience and unique perspective as not only fathers but chiropractors and health & wellness experts.
More and more families are choosing to birth at home as our modern culture begins to realize that hospitals and technology are often best reserved for only certain situations in childbirth.
Families plan to birth at home for a variety of reasons, but some of the most common reasons include the growing understanding that planned home births:
- are more comfortable for the birthing woman and her partner and provide women with more satisfying birth experiences
- provide a more natural birth environment that supports the normal physiology of birth
- expose women and her baby to fewer medical interventions
- have been found to be at least as safe, if not more so, than hospital birth in terms of maternal and fetal health outcomes
Want to do more research before choosing home birth?
Research Papers on Home Birth
- Satisfaction with planned birth place
- Outcomes of planned home birth with registered midwife versus planned hospital birth with… (Janssen et al)
- Outcomes associated with planned home birth and planned hospital birth (Hutton et al)
- Outcomes of planned home births with certified professional midwives (Johnson)
- Comparing the odds of postpartum haemorrhage in planned home birth against planned hospital birth
- Severe adverse maternal outcomes among low risk women with planned home versus hospital births (de Jonge et al)
Articles on Home Birth
- The Science Behind Home Birth Safety
- Home Birth Understood: midwives and doctors discuss!
- The Importance of Natural Home Birth
- 9 Practical Reasons to Choose Home Birth
- Why Undisturbed Birth
- Dear Home Birth Skeptic: a letter to love ones concerned about home birth
Video -Talks on Home Birth
Resources and Links
Revolution Health in Vancouver, BC