Yogi Omar – The Ripple Effect of Kindness
Yogi Omar is a proud co-owner of InspirationAll Talent & Modeling Agency, a Vancouver-based talent agency that focuses on representing talent of ALL colors, curves, and communities. Yogi is also a singer with Vancouver Men’s Chorus as well as a Producer for various short films & web series. Born and raised in Indonesia, Yogi moved to Vancouver in 2001, learning english by watching sitcoms on television.
Social justice is not just a passion of Yogi’s, it’s in his blood. In 2013, he organized Kiss-In Protests in front of the Russian embassy. He has been involved in various roles in Vancouver non-profit organizations including Out on Screen, the Vancouver International Film Festival, and GLASS Youth Choir. He sits on the board of directors for QMUNITY, a Vancouver-based organization that looks to create positive change in BC’s LGBTQ communities. And if that wasn’t enough, he is a member of the City of Vancouver’s LGBTQ2+ advisory committee.
Big Ideas talked about during the episode
- Learn how a simple act of kindness can change your life forever!
- How is it possible to stay true to your values in an entertainment industry that is stereotypically seen as extremely judgemental and callous?
- How to turn a friendly get-together into a fundraiser
- YOU matter. Yes, you. Your life and YOUR message is invaluable
- How to rise above adversity
- YOU are an activist already. Learn why, and what you can do about it.
- “You never know how far reaching something you may say, think or do today may affect the lives of millions tomorrow.” – Dr. BJ Palmer
- Tell us your “random act of kindness” story on our Facebook page.
Resources and Links
Watch Yogi on Slice’s “First Dates Canada”